Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A bit about Me

Hi everyone.  My name is Pat, and I'm a German major in my fourth year at Oregon State University (go beavs... blah blah blah whatever) and I figured I would start this blog talking about different ways I go about studying for and learning a new language.  Mind you, I am a normal human so I'm not necessarily the most amazing language learner in the world, but I have learned a few tips and tricks from taking not only German, but Japanese, Chinese, and Spanish.  I like to consider myself comfortably fluent in German, and am currently at the tail end of my second year of college level Japanese.  I've taken a full year of college level Chinese and a year of high school level Spanish and do plan to learn these again some day.  Along with just about any other language I can lay my hands on.

My goal for this blog will be to see if I can impart some "wisdom" about how to study languages and try and explain or improve upon things you reader(s) might already be doing.  I also happily accept criticism and suggestions for myself.  I'm always looking for ways to learn things faster.  Feel free to ask me if I have any suggestions, but expect this blog to mostly just be things that have worked for me, and hopefully will work for you too. ^^
Aufwieder sehen for now. ^^
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment